Tense Curve table is designed by Piergiorgio & Michele Cazzaniga for MDF Italia with 35 mm thick tabletop in a load-bearing composite board built with an internal frame consisting of either aluminium profiles and polystyrene filler; 35x35 mm steel legs with internal structural tie-rod.
Tense Curve is available in the following finishes:
- Monochromatic finish in matt white, made of acrylic resin and rock minerals. Tabletop, edges and legs covered with a 3mm thick sheet of resin
- in natural oak wood with transparent acrylic finish. Top, edges and legs coated by 3 mm thick solid wood
- in reconstructed stone, transparent acrylic finish. Top, edges and legs coated with application of 3 mm thick material
- in solid natural oak wood, thickness 3 mm, subjected to surface acid etching treatment applied by using natural acids without chemical additives. Top, edges and legs covered with a sheet of material in a thickness of about 3 mm
- in reconstructed marble made starting with marble dust (black Ebony and white Carrara marble). Top, edges and legs are covered with a sheet of material in a thickness of about 3 mm.
- in glossy red with an innovative material processing and stratification technique. Surface, edges and legs with application of 3 mm-thick material composed of a masscoloured cement base and surface finish in glossy polyester.
Tense Curve is result of the challenge to shape the tabletop to better suit the relationship between the people around a table. For the new shape the designers were inspired by the Lamé curves, here the name “CURVE”.